100-Hour Pranayama (The art of conscious breathing) & Kundalini Yoga Master Course [YACEP]
At Eclipse all of our practices, courses and intents are focused on the promise of celebrating and unveiling the human potential at its highest level and nurture inspiration to fall in love with the journey of life.
Rooted into the soil of truth and authenticity, Eclipse in its capacity as a Yoga School, is committed to delivering the best-in-class Yoga experience to all associates and ignite the spark to propagate the treasures of yogic wisdom with loyalty and respect to the tradition.
Pranayama is a method to transmute creative energy that relies on a combination of sexual chastity (restraint or containment of sexual energy), concentration, imagination, and breathing. The word pranayama comes from Sanskrit and is composed of:
- prana: life-principle; the breath of life; energy
- ayama: restraint or control
Prana (Sanskrit; Tibetan bindu) is the life-principle; the breath of life; energy. Prana is the vital breath, which sustains life in a physical body; the primal energy or force, of which other physical forces are manifestations.
Most of us breathe inefficiently. Life is often lived in the fast lane, and especially under stress we tend to use only the upper part of our lungs. We forget to breathe deep down into the stomach and thereby lose out on a lot of our energy.
By learning how to consciously shape our breath we can easily manage stress and tension, boost our immune system, feel more energy and vitality, find clarity and be more focused, sleep better and even feel a deeper connection to our Higher Self and our purpose.
Only when we become aware of our breathing and how to train on it, will we be able to realise the hidden potential. Our body will immediately absorb more oxygen and after a short time, we will have more energy and achieve greater mental calmness.
Yoga is like a massive tree with many branches and roots with endless outcomes and references. Based on the Tantra school of Yoga, Yoga of Kundalini with its unique components of Asanas, Kriyas, Breathwork pertaining to the vital life force, Meditation and Metaphysics, is one of the most sought after yet obscure subsystems of Yoga. It is a time defying, widely accepted scientific o-yogic process that, when practiced in its true and authentic form, can deliver astonishing results as it touches both the physical as well as the metaphysical spheres of our existence.
Kundalini is the primal energy, an enormous source of potential which is mostly underutilized. The 50-Hour Kundalini Master Course demystifies, through this series of carefully crafted content, the secrets of this system supporting the inspirational objective of optimizing the ultimate human potential.
We firmly believe that the knowledge of Yoga grows perpetually through sharing and through this constant conversation and exchange between the teacher and student, between the guru and the seeker. With that in mind, Eclipse strives hard to provide and uphold this time-tested methodology of bringing a true seeker to the right guru, orientation, and environment. And this is the underlying principle of our 100-Hour Pranayama (The art of conscious breathing) & Kundalini Yoga Master Course.
CORE COURSE CONCEPTS
- Initiation- the core concept for initiating the journey as a Yoga student & teacher.
- Upanishad- opening the realm of inner wisdom with the master.
- Communion- to harmonize and channelize the collective creative energy of the teacher and the student.
- Transformation- transformational journey from practitioner to student and from a student to a teacher.
- How to do the breathing sessions
- The importance of nasal breathing
- Tips for sitting in the breathing and meditation sessions
- Full body breathing “Deepening the breath”(Yogic breathing)
- Yoga Pranayama explained
- Holding of the breath – Kumbhakas
- Ujjayi Pranayama – “Victorious breath”
- Kapalbhati (Frontal brain cleansing)
- Breath of Fire – Bhastrika Pranayama explained
- Cooling breath (Sitali & Sitkari Pranayama)
- Cosmic sound -Bharmari Pranayama
- Nadi Shodhana/ Energy channel cleansing breath – Theoretical explanation Anulom Vilom/
Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
- Udgeeth Pranayama – AUM chanting
- How to develop Self Practice
- Kundalini- the primal life force, concept lower and higher energies.
- Chakra- actualization, activation, and harmonization.
- Nadi Shodhana- Astral purification and Pranic channelization.
- Sushumna activation- Vital life force harmonization.
- Tattva Shuddhi and Bhuta Shuddhi- harmonization of gross and subtle elements.
- Bindu darshan- one pointedness and inner trataka.
- Bahiranga and antaranga sadhana- external and internal practice.
- Beeja Mantras and ajapa jap.
- Bandha and Mudra.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Why conscious breathing is so important for a healthy life
- How to create good conscious breathing + exercises
- How relaxed breathing will calm your mind, prevent, and control stress.
- Why breath holding (sustained breathing) has so many advantages
- How breathing and breath holding techniques improve performance in yoga and other
- Initiation of the process of transformation through Kundalini Yoga.
- Activation of the primal life force (kundalini).
- Chakra activation and harmonisation.
- Biotic energy conservation and optimisation.
- Astral cleansing and Pranic channelization.
- Harmony in gross and subtle elements.
- Bahiranga (external) and Antaranga (internal) aspects of practice.
- Philosophical and practical understanding of the practices of asanas, bandhas, mudras, dharans in the system of Kundalini Yoga.
- International Yoga Alliance Accredited 100 Hours YACEP Certification (applicable to participants who attend the entire course)
- International Yoga Alliance Accredited 50 Hours Pranayama YACEP Certification (applicable to participants who attend course Component 1 only)
- International Yoga Alliance Accredited 50 Hours Kundalini Yoga YACEP Certification (applicable to participants who attend course Component 2 only)
- Privileged pricing on Eclipse Retreats, Courses & Workshops (10% off)
- In depth Teacher Training Course Content & Bibliography/References (Pre & Post Proposed Read Material)
- Continuous empirical guidance